Responsible to: Certification & Systems Manager
Department: Programme Assurance Team (PAT)
Location: Home based and remote working. If based in Netherlands, our head office is based in Utrecht. Applications from other locations will be considered if skills and experience align.
Contract: Full Time would be our ideal, yet ASC supports remote & flexible working opportunities.
Salary: Competitive with great benefits
The field of responsible and sustainable aquaculture is moving forward rapidly and our Programme Assurance team needs strong support to gear us up for rapid growth.
Are you a dynamic Coordinator who would like to make a real impact to continuing to build our robust ASC certification standards? Do you want to get involved in promoting sustainable seafood to a growing global population?
Join us for a fun, ambitious and challenging role where as part of our PAT team, you will manage all key process that interface with accreditation and certification to ensure the application of the ASC standards is robust, consistent and delivers on the intent of the ASC Programme.
You will be first point of contact for our Conformity Assessment Bodies (CABs/CBs) and other stakeholders, so great communication and engagement skills will be a must!
We would be looking for you to support the development and monitoring of the systems that drive Integrity Reviews, CAB Submissions, Incident Management, Document Change and other critical project works.
You will be joining the charity at an exciting time of growth to pro-actively lead actions on a daily basis including;
- Monitoring of CAB CRM (MyASC) functionality and running routine integrity checks on key certification document submission and data
- Monitoring and reporting on MyASC dashboards, timelines, and compliance to measure the performance against our own certification requirements
- Collecting, analyzing and reporting on certification related data to improve both internal and external processes
- Certification mailbox management and coordination
- Leading projects to develop tools to support program assurance processes
- Co-ordination and distribution of the CAB Monthly Newsletter and organizing workshops, webinars, surveys, etc.
- Act as our key contact for Find-a-Farm queries
- Contributing to policy development processes within ASC (ASC standard setting, setting Certification and Accreditation Requirement – CAR).
- Maintain strong understanding of the ASC Standards and Certification Requirements as we grow
Are you the person we need?
You will be a motivated and resilient Coordinator with a willingness to learn and develop with our organisation. To be successful in this role, it will be beneficial to have experience in third party certification or as a part of a scheme owner assurance team. We are especially interested in candidates with strong knowledge of aquaculture or primary production.
We will need you to be fluent in written and spoken English. Any additional language skill will be seen as a great addition!
You will be an excellent multi-tasker, with great organisational and attention to detail skills who is able to pro-actively collaborate and engage people at all levels, both internally and externally.
To be successful and get the best experience from this opportunity, you will ideally have;
- a Bachelor’s/Masters degree in biology, aquaculture, agriculture or environmental/food sciences. However, if you have relevant academic qualifications and professional experience this may be enough.
- want to make a real difference in sustainability and environmental issues
- enjoy working remotely with ability to seek out support within a global team structure
- be self-motivated and detail focused
This is a perfect opportunity for someone looking to join a fun and energetic global team focused on setting and supporting global standards for responsible and sustainable aquaculture for future generations to come!
You will also get;
- To be part of an organisation who are really making a difference!
- Flexible / Remote working opportunities
- Minimum of 25 days holiday
- Competitive benefits
- Workstation grant
- Flexible fitness / wellbeing grant
- Paid time to volunteer, up to 6 days per year
- All staff & team retreats
- Employee recognition awards
- 1 free coffee a week, on us!
The ASC works across different time zones so the pattern of hours may vary according to operational needs. Some domestic and international travel and overnight stays may be required occasionally for events like our team / all-staff retreats.
Who are ASC?
ASC is an independent, not-for-profit organisation established in 2010 to set and operate global standards for responsible aquaculture. Certified farmed products are promoted to consumers through the use of its ASC-logo.
The aquaculture industry is growing strongly and is already supplying more than half of all seafood consumed worldwide, but this growing demand increases the environmental and social footprint associated with this expansion. The ASC certification and labelling programme incentivises improved farming practices by promoting the benefits of responsibly farmed seafood and encourages an industry towards achieving environmental sustainability and social responsibility.
We work across the globe with aquaculture producers, seafood processors, retail and foodservice companies, scientists, conservation groups and the public to make it very easy to recognise and buy farmed seafood that meets the highest environmental standards.
Sign me up! How do I apply?
Please e-mail your cover letter and CV, in English, to: email@example.com
Your CV and cover letter will be considered, and we will make a shortlist of candidates to invite to interview. Sometimes you may be asked to prepare additional written materials, past work examples and / or a presentation. Interviews will generally be held via Teams.
We want to be an inclusive and diverse employer of choice that reflects the global community and therefore welcomes applications from all underrepresented groups.