Marketing Communications Intern
Responsible to: Reputation & Stakeholder Engagement Manager
Department: Marketing and Communications
Contract & Salary: 40hr per week / 500 Euros per month
Location: ASC office, Utrecht, Netherlands
Are you a hands-on student who would like to gain experience in marketing and communication in a fast-paced and international environment?
Do you want to get involved in promoting sustainable seafood to a growing global population?
Are you available for at least 4-6 months?
Join us for a fun, ambitious and challenging internship where you will learn a lot and develop new skills in a short time. The field of responsible and sustainable aquaculture is moving forward rapidly and our Marketing and Communications team needs support.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to develop their understanding of various communications practices while gaining practical experience in PR, project management, content production, as well as gaining insight into stakeholder relationship management.
You will work closely with the Reputation & Stakeholder Engagement Manager, by supporting the Marketing and Communications team on day-to-day activities as well as long-term projects. There is also the time to develop your own ideas to help further your personal and professional development.
- Daily management of shared inboxes (info mailbox, communications mailbox)
- Set up of Mailchimp campaigns for special releases as well as public consultation
- Support with implementation of communication plans and contribute to ideas/content creation
- Support with content development (e.g. blogs)
- Help team coordinating translations with external agency
PR & events:
- Daily news monitoring to help identify positive news as well as potential issues
- Support with ASC’s press releases monitoring and analysis
- Support with keeping internal talking points up to date
- Support with events mapping and maintain our events calendar up to date
- Provide help with organising events when necessary
Desired Skills and Experience
You must be currently studying for Bachelor/Master’s degree in Communication / Marketing / Environmental Governance or similar to be eligible for this internship. To be successful and get the best experience from this opportunity, you will;
- have a valid working permit for the Netherlands
- be available for this commitment for 4-6 months
- be fluent in English (spoken and written)
- want to make a real difference in sustainability and environmental issues
- have natural communications skills to engage with people at all levels (internally and externally)
- enjoy working from an office setting with ability to work pro-actively within a remote team structure
- use your initiative to work independently, seeking advice and guidance as needed
- be self-motivated and detail focused
- bring an organised approach to planning your time and daily tasks
- have familiarity with digital communications tools and platforms including Google Analytics, Meltwater, Mailchimp (Preferable)
- be able to use Microsoft Office, Canva, Adobe Cloud Suite (Preferable)
- enjoy writing effect and concise copy
Benefits / Work Perks
Join a fun and dynamic global team focused on setting and supporting global standards for responsible and sustainable aquaculture for future generations to come!
You will also get:
- To be part of an organisation who is really making a difference!
- Wellbeing initiatives
- Time to volunteer for other charities (3 days in 6 months)
- All staff and Team Retreats
- 1 free coffee a week, on us!
ASC is an independent, not-for-profit organisation established in 2010 to set and operate global standards for responsible aquaculture. Certified farmed products are promoted to consumers through the use of its ASC-logo.
The aquaculture industry is growing strongly and is already supplying more than half of all seafood consumed worldwide, but this growing demand increases the environmental and social footprint associated with this expansion. The ASC certification and labelling programme incentivises improved farming practices by promoting the benefits of responsibly farmed seafood and encourages an industry towards achieving environmental sustainability and social responsibility.
We work across the globe with aquaculture producers, seafood processors, retail and foodservice companies, scientists, conservation groups and the public to make it very easy to recognise and buy farmed seafood that meets the highest environmental standards.
Sign me up! How do I apply?
Please e-mail your cover letter and CV, in English, to: email@example.com.
Your CV and cover letter will be considered, and we will make a shortlist of candidates to invite to interview. Sometimes you may be asked to prepare additional written materials, past work examples and / or a presentation. Interviews will generally be held via Teams.
We want to be an inclusive and diverse employer of choice that reflects the global community and therefore welcomes applications from all underrepresented groups.