Marketing & Communications Manager – NORDICS
Department: Market Development Team (MDT)
Salary / Benefits: Commensurate with experience
Contract: Permanent & Part-time role (50% position approx.. 20 hours / week)
Location: Preferably located in Sweden or Denmark. Remote role.
ASC has experienced tremendous growth over the last decade of operations. The Nordics (Sweden, Denmark, Finland and Norway) is one of the growing regions for the ASC. In order to further drive success of the programme in the Nordics, we are seeking a dynamic, hands-on Marketing and Communications Manager.
You will increase the public profile of the ASC programme, drive awareness of the label in the Nordics and to contribute to a growing trust in what the programme brings in making aquaculture more responsible.
To succeed, you should combine strategic thinking with a ‘hands-on’ approach. This post involves a good deal of creative and lateral thinking in order to ensure that ASC aims and activities are effectively promoted and delivered.
We work with a ´Glocal´ model; part of the content is developed by the Global team, which can be adapted for local use, and for the local opportunities content can be developed locally.
- Grow and develop and deliver the ASC Marketing plan for our Nordic markets in line with ASC’s overall marketing strategy.
- Track progress and implementation of marketing projects and consumer-facing campaigns, monitor impact, optimise efficiency and record market information and results.
- Maximize direct and leveraged marketing opportunities, working closely with ASC’s Market Development Team (MDT) in the region, global marketing colleagues and industry counterparts.
- Implementation, coordination and execution of campaigns of local marketing campaigns and activations with partners
- Work with local Market Development Managers to develop activations with identified priority partners.
- Act as the primary point of contact for our partners’ marketing departments to coordinate and implement joint marketing activities.
- Development and execution of clear and consistent digital marketing activities to drive consumers’ awareness and understanding (in line with our brand)
- Keep the local Swedish website up to date and build/elaborate as needed
- Building and implementation of the local social media strategy in collaboration with the global Marketing and Communications team. The social media strategy contains both owned and paid campaigns.
- Analysis and reporting of digital communication.
- Media & PR activities including monitoring media channels and the wider communication landscape to understand opportunities to proactively position the ASC program in those channels and use these for increasing media coverage.
- Networking constantly to reach out to institutions, NGOs, event organizers, and other landscape shapers to seek joint communication opportunities
Desired Skills and Experience
- Relevant working experience in a similar role in a company, agency, or organization, preferably in an NGO or food/retail-related context
- Experience in developing and executing digital marketing plans and planning and implementing content and editorial calendars for social media activities
- Experience in developing, managing, and executing marketing and communication campaign concepts, toolkits and associated materials
- Advanced digital marketing skills: Experience with social media management, CMS for websites, analytical programs and engagement tools as well as with graphic programs is desirable.
- Fluency in one or more of the Scandinavian language(s) will be an advantage for the position; in addition to fluency in English is critical.
- Affinity with and interest in the ASC’s mission and values
- Strategic thinker and planner, able to oversee the bigger picture as well as grasp challenging ideas and transform them to an operational plan
- Solution oriented, hands-on approach, getting things done mentality to make the plan come to life
- Eagerness to realise high quality marketing and communications deliverables
- Exceptional communication skills
- Self-motivated and comfortable to work independently with a high degree of personal responsibility
Benefits / Work Perks
Join an organisation who is really making a difference! We support remote & flexible working opportunities and offer a minimum of 25 days holiday per year. Our benefits are very competitive for a NFP organiation and are tailed to each location where we operate.
Application and Selection
Please send your cover letter and CV in English by e-mail to: email@example.com
Your CV and cover letter will be reviewed, and a short list of candidates will be invited for initial interviews. Successful candidates may be asked to prepare additional written materials and/or a presentation.
We want to be an inclusive and diverse employer of choice that reflects the global community and therefore welcomes applications from all underrepresented groups.