Marketing Coordinator (U.S)
Based: U.S. – Home-based and with possible remote office working. Monthly travel required within North America.
Contract: Full Time (40 hours per week) preferred, yet ASC supports flexible working opportunities.
Salary: Competitive with great benefits
Who are ASC? Check us out: www.asc-aqua.org
ASC is an independent, not-for-profit organization established in 2010 to set and operate global standards for responsible aquaculture (also known as seafood farming). ASC-certified farmed products are promoted to shoppers through the use of ASC’s sea green label on seafood packaging and menus nationwide. As the aquaculture industry rapidly grows, the need for incentives promoting beneficial farming practices is crucial. Learn how ASC’s program is helping to achieve greater environmental sustainability and social responsibility here: https://us.asc-aqua.org/about-us/about-the-asc
In order to further drive success of the ASC program, we are seeking a regional Marketing Coordinator to contribute to ASC’s dynamic and growing U.S. marketing campaign through in-person events, digital activations and overall program support.
You will work directly with ASC’s Marketing Manager: North America and regional marcomms team to increase awareness, understanding and interest in ASC’s “sea green” label and brand. In this role, you will help tell the story of how ASC’s program continues making aquaculture more responsible, while contributing to critical conversations around sustainable seafood and global food security.
This is an exciting opportunity to proactively engage with local partners, consumers, and global colleagues, with frequent travel to high-impact U.S. cities and flexible working locations. As such, this position requires a high level of accountability, reliability and integrity critical to the campaign’s success and our team’s function. You will be responsible for:
- Assisting in development and execution of in-person marketing events at festivals, dining receptions, tradeshows, retailers and more
- Coordinating and contributing to ASC’s social and digital media presence, including LinkedIn, regional website and newsletters
- Providing proactive marketing support to ASC partners, stakeholders and regional team
- Providing administrative support to ASC’s regional marketing team (Marketing Managers, key agencies) through asset organization/optimization, information gathering and system improvements
- Contributing strategically to the development of ASC’s North American marketing program through campaign tracking, evaluations and reporting linked to KPIs
Are you the person we need?
You will be a resilient and proactive professional who is purpose-driven to make a difference in the aquaculture space. We are seeking someone with a willingness to learn and develop with our organization.
You will play a key part in executing a major national campaign and monitoring overall success, with an emphasis on tracking and evaluation. The ideal candidate will have:
- Degree (or equivalent academic success) in marketing or communications preferred, with food marketing orientation a plus
- Professional marketing work experience and/or internships
- Experience working at and/or coordinating in-person events
- Experience managing digital filing systems
- Experience managing digital platforms, including email marketing, websites and social media channels highly desirable, and will be required within the first year of employment
- Strong organizational skills with proven ability to time-manage competing priorities
- A creative approach to thinking outside the box and bringing new ideas
- Basic understanding of sustainability and environmental issues, with drive to improve through professional action (seafood industry knowledge is not required)
- Very proactive approach to remote working and ability to collaborate with a dynamic global team
- Personable, open-minded approach to communicate effectively with all types of people, at all levels, internally and externally
- A passionate connection to sustainable food for the future is a must!
Our ASC Work Perks!
This is your chance to join a fun and energetic global team focused on setting and supporting standards for responsible aquaculture for future generations to come!
You will also get:
- To be part of an organization who is really making a difference!
- Flexible / remote work opportunities
- Minimum 25 paid days holiday
- Competitive benefits offered locally (U.S.)
- Workstation grant
- Flexible fitness / wellbeing grant
- Paid time to volunteer, up to 6 days per year
- Access to staff & team retreats
- Employee recognition awards
- 1 free coffee a week, on us!
The ASC works across different time zones so the pattern of hours may vary according to operational needs. Domestic and international travel and overnight stays will be required for events and other activities.
Sign me up! How do I apply?
Please e-mail your cover letter and CV, in English, to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Your CV and cover letter will be considered, and we will make a shortlist of candidates to invite to interview. Sometimes you may be asked to prepare additional written materials, past work examples and / or a presentation. Interviews will generally be held via Teams.
We want to be an inclusive and diverse employer of choice, reflecting the global community and therefore particularly welcome applications from all underrepresented groups.