Marketing Manager – DACH
About the job
Reporting to the General Manager of the DACH (Germany, Austria, Switzerland) Region within the Market Development Team (Global)
Salary / Benefits: Commensurate with experience
Contract: Full Time is preferable; however, ASC supports remote & flexible working wherever possible.
Location: This is a remote role, preferably based in Germany. For people based in Berlin, there is the option to work in the ASC Berlin office.
Are you a Marketing Manager both thriving in developing market growth strategies but also implementing them hands-on? Do you want to join an organisation where you can focus on making a real difference in the world of aquaculture (and beyond)? Then we want to hear from you!
ASC are seeking a dynamic, hands-on and highly enthusiastic Marketing Manager to join our Market Development Team You will be increasing the public profile of the ASC programme, drive awareness of the label in the German speaking markets and contribute to a growing trust in what the programme brings in making aquaculture more responsible.
You will need to combine pro-active and solution-based thinking with a ‘hands-on’ approach. This post involves a good deal of creative and lateral thinking to ensure that ASC aims and activities are effectively promoted and delivered.
We work with a ´glocal´ model; part of the content is developed by the Global team, which can be adapted for local use; however, it is also your responsibility to create local opportunities with key partners and implement them.
- Build on the current marketing plan for the German, Austrian and Swiss market and develop it further – in close collaboration with both the local and global teams. This will involve strategic goal setting, developing activities along audience journeys, proactively managing the implementation of marketing projects and consumer facing campaigns, monitoring outcomes and assessing impact.
- Develop and coordinate the local digital marketing activities with a freelance service provider to drive awareness and understanding of key audiences. This includes the implementation of a local social media strategy (both owned and paid campaigns to boost activities targeted at B2C and B2B) partnering with the global Marketing and Communications team.
- ’Seek opportunities together with the Market Development Manager and develop activations with identified priority partners, coordinate and deliver on campaigns and act as first point of contact for partners´ marketing departments to coordinate and implement joint marketing activities.
- Work with the DACH team to deliver high-quality events like annual partner days, fairs and other events
- Work with the global team on market research activities of the ASC and ensure leveraging consumer insights for further growth in the DACH region
- Monitor and analyse marketing metrics to measure and adjust the success of marketing activities
Desired Skills, Experience & Profile
To be successful in this role you should have:
- 7-10 years of marketing experience in a similar role in a company, agency, or organization, preferably in an NGO or food/retail-related context
- Strong communication skills and fluency in German and English
- Experience in developing marketing strategies both B2B and B2C and implementing them to tight deadlines and budgets
- Experience in having responsibility for developing, managing, and executing marketing and communication campaign concepts, toolkits and associated materials, with a strong client-orientation
- Knowledge of market research and leveraging results for further growth of the programme
- responsibility for developing and executing digital marketing plans and planning and implementing content and editorial calendars for social media activities
- Advanced digital skills: experience with social media management, analytical programs and engagement tools. Experience with graphic programs is desirable.
- have a natural affinity with our ASC mission and values?
- love to develop “the bigger picture” as much as nailing it into an operational plan
- focus on solutions, with a hands-on approach enjoying ‘doing’ to see the plan come to life?
- love working with people at all levels and have excellent engagement skills?
- see yourself as highly resilient, self-motivated and able to work remotely as well as part of a global team (comfortable to work independently with a high degree of personal responsibility)?
ASC Work Perks
You will get;
- To be part of an organisation who is really making a difference!
- ASC supports remote & flexible working opportunities
- Minimum of 25 days holiday
- Competitive benefits
- Workstation grant
- Flexible fitness / wellbeing grant
- Paid time to volunteer, up to 6 days per year
- All staff team retreats
- Employee recognition awards & reward programmes
ASC works globally across multiple time zones so the pattern of hours may vary according to operational needs. Some domestic and international travel and overnight stays may be required.
Sign me up! How do I apply?
Please submit your CV AND a Cover letter to Recruitment@asc-aqua.org. and we will make a shortlist of candidates to invite to interview. Sometimes you may be asked to prepare additional written materials, past work examples and / or a presentation. Interviews will generally be held via Teams.
We want to be an inclusive and diverse employer of choice, reflecting the global community and therefore particularly welcome applications from all underrepresented groups.