1 year fixed-term contract
Reporting to our Senior Project Coordinator (GHG Emissions), you will be a key member of our Standards and Science (SaS) team supporting overall Technical Operations.
Competitive Salary and Reward Benefits. 1 year fixed-term contract. ASC supports remote and flexible working where possible.
This is fully remote with occasional travel required. ASC’s head office is based in Utrecht, Netherlands, However candidates will be considered on skills and experience.
Are you an academic researcher interested in developing new ideas and concepts for responsible Aquaculture?
Do you love developing new science insights and research agendas to drive pro-active plans to action?
Want to gain experience in a growing organsiation where you can focus more on making a real difference in the world?.. Then this may be the role for you.
ASC are seeking an experienced Research Coordinator with a strong understanding of the Aquaculture / Marine / Aquatic sectors to strengthen our academic capacity and become a recognised “knowledge hub” through which ASC can engage with universities and research facilities on projects, support external research initiatives through collaboration and data provision, and connect academic researchers with ASC’s broad network of certified producers and other stakeholders.
You will get the opportunity to develop and embed these institutional relationships and lead the development of an ‘ASC Knowledge Hub’, including a pilot workshop in circa summer 2024.
- Development of thorough concepts for ‘Science Insights’ and the ‘ASC Research Agenda’
- Organisation of a ‘Knowledge Hub’ in close cooperation with other ASC staff and stakeholders across various teams. This will include Stakeholder research on needs and opportunities, Organisation of a pilot event on GHG and Feed in Summer 2024 (in close cooperation with project staff) and Potential development of a concept for further enhancement of the ASC ‘Knowledge Hub’
- Support all research and development of activities within the Research Team, specifically in the realm of ‘Science Insights’ and the ‘ASC Research Agenda’ through the development of thorough concepts and development and execution of research plans.
- Manage administration, data and sources to support research thinking and development
- Provide strong facilitation and coordination skills on projects as needed
Desired Skills, Experience & Profile
To be successful in this role you’ll need to;
- be fluent in written and spoken English.
- have a degree (minimum) in marine biology or related field or equivalent knowledge gained by experience.
- understand or have good exposure to the Aquaculture, Marine or Aquatic industries
- possess strong research communication skills with a focus on facilitation and stakeholder engagement.
- have proven ability and experience in academic publications with conference involvement, if possible.
- enjoy academic research and creating new shared knowledge spaces for the future?
- want to grow your established networks in the seafood research sector, globally?
- want to build on your understanding of certification schemes and the aquaculture industry as well as state-of-the-art aquaculture research?
- have a natural affinity with our ASC mission and values?
- love project management and want to support scientific projects boosting your presentation, communication and reporting skills?
Then please apply!
ASC Work Perks
You can get;
- To be part of an organisation who is really making a difference!
- ASC supports remote & flexible working opportunities
- Minimum of 25 days holiday
- Competitive benefits
- Workstation grant
- Flexible fitness / wellbeing grant
- Paid time to volunteer, up to 6 days per year
- All staff team retreats
- Employee recognition awards & reward programmes
ASC works globally across multiple time zones so the pattern of hours may vary according to operational needs. Some domestic and international travel and overnight stays may be required.
Please apply to email@example.com with your CV and cover letter. Your application will be considered, and we will make a shortlist of candidates to invite to interview. Sometimes you may be asked to prepare additional written materials, past work examples and / or a presentation. Interviews will generally be held via Teams.
We want to be an inclusive and diverse employer of choice, reflecting the global community and therefore particularly welcome applications from all underrepresented groups.