Technical Assurance Manager – ASC Programme Assurance
Based: UK / Netherlands / European Economic Area (EEA) – Home based and remote working. Applications from other locations may be considered if skills and experience align.
Contract: Full Time would be our ideal, yet ASC supports remote & flexible working opportunities
Salary: Competitive with great benefits
ASC is currently looking for an enthusiastic and knowledgeable Technical Assurance expert to join our ASC Programme Assurance Team (PAT) to lead, develop and implement our extensive audit review process to asses the technical quality of our programme reporting, mitigate integrity risks, improve performance and drive continuous improvement across all our assurance frameworks.
What would I be responsible for?
You will be joining the charity at an exciting time of growth to pro-actively lead actions on a daily basis, to lead the development and implementation of the audit report review process to monitor the technical quality of the audit reports and aid the detection of potential integrity risks to the ASC Programme.
- Developing a systematic, integrated review processes to produce consistent and standardized performance reporting.
- Analyzing internal and external data sources to develop an understanding of risks – CABs, certificate holders, regions, and species etc. as well as using this knowledge to select audit samples on a risk basis for report review.
- Conducting thorough, methodical, and timely audit report reviews and delegating specific reviews to nominated stakeholders as needed.
- Pro-active engagement, sourcing, training, support and calibration of our report reviewers and stakeholders.
- Timely communication of report reviews to relevant ASC teams / CABs and actively tracking progress on report reviews to ensure fast-paced and efficient and actioning.
- Drive active participation in the revision process of Assurance Normative documents i.e. Certification and Accreditation Requirements
- Support the Programme Assurance team in the efficient and smooth running of all technical aspects of the development and delivery of training courses and learning projects.
- Work with ASC Quality management to maintain continued compliance/alignment with ISEAL Assurance Code, GSSI and other initiatives.
- Provide input into various policy development processes within ASC i.e. ASC standard setting, setting Certification and Accreditation Requirement – CAR
- Collaborate with colleagues within ASC and partners i.e. ASI, which is our ASC appointed accreditation body.
- Contribute developing and implementing Programme Assurance strategies to achieve our ASC vision and mission – supporting global standards in responsible and sustainable Aquaculture now and into our future!
- Provide technical support for various Programme Assurance Department activities i.e. workshops, webinars, surveys, etc.
- Represent ASC in multiple forums, as required i.e. company calls, expos etc.
- Maintain strong understanding of the ASC Standards and Certification Requirements and where possible, assist with assurance tools development and implementation.
Are you the person we need?
You will be a motivated and resilient audit and programme assurance expert with a natural desire to make a difference within the Aquaculture industry. Ideally, we are looking for someone with;
- Substantial practical working experience in aquaculture
- Demonstrable experience in third party certification as an ASC auditor and preferably as part of the scheme management team
- Proven experience in leading significant projects
- Experience in social auditing or social schemes management preferred
You will ideally be Degree level educated in a related field i.e. biology, biology, aquaculture, agriculture, or environmental/food sciences. We will need you to be fluent in written and spoken English both any additional language skill will be seen as a great addition! You must be eligible to live and work in the UK / Netherlands or other ASC established region for this role.
This is a perfect opportunity for someone looking to join a fun and energetic global team focused on setting and supporting global standards for responsible and sustainable aquaculture for future generations to come!
You will also get;
- To be part of an organisation who are really making a difference!
- Flexible / Remote working opportunities
- Minimum of 25 days holiday
- Competitive benefits
- Workstation grant
- Flexible fitness / wellbeing grant
- Paid time to volunteer, up to 6 days per year
- All staff & team retreats
- Employee recognition awards
- 1 free coffee a week, on us!
The ASC works across different time zones so the pattern of hours may vary according to operational needs. Some domestic and international travel and overnight stays may be required occasionally.
Sign me up!.. How do I apply?
Please e-mail your cover letter and CV, in English, to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Your CV and cover letter will be considered, and we will make a shortlist of candidates to invite to interview. Sometimes you may be asked to prepare additional written materials, past work examples and / or a presentation. Interviews will generally be held via Teams.
We want to be an inclusive and diverse employer of choice, reflecting the global community and therefore particularly welcome applications from all underrepresented groups.