Technical Marketing Manager
Responsible to: Global Marcoms Director
Department: Global Brand & Marcomms Team
Salary / Benefits: Commensurate with experience
Contract: Full Time is preferable. However, ASC supports remote and flexible working where possible.
Location: Remote working, North Western Europe, fluent English essential. ASC have their head office based in Utrecht.
In this role you will work closely with both Technical Operations, Market Development and Brand/MarComs teams within ASC to develop a comprehensive marketing and communications support programme for our Producer and Improver Outreach team who directly engages with farms and feed mills.
Through strategic, insight-led, multi-channel marketing and communications activities, your objective is to increase uptake of ASC certification with these important stakeholders in key countries of production. Additional audiences for your content marketing strategies will include certification bodies and producers in the Improver Programme.
- Deliver tailored key assets from content extracted and translated to the level required for each audience:
Extraction – together and in collaboration with the technical team, MDT and insights understand and interpret the technical information.
Content Development – translate this key content into core messages to be relevant, differentiated and simple and clear.
Asset Creation – adapt and tailor the base content into audience specific key assets.
Content Management – ensure consistent use of key content and core messages across different channels cross organisation.
- Leading the design of stakeholder journeys including the identification of producer needs and expectations, drivers and relevant touchpoints to build awareness and understanding and further the commitment towards ASC.
- Develop and implement new tools and interactive ways:
- To help producers and feed mills navigate through the certification process.
- To support CABs auditing against the ASC standards.
- To encourage partners of and participants in the Improver programme by ASC.
- Promote an audience insight-led approach to all planning that delivers meaningful value to our partners in countries of production.
- Partner cross-organisation to ensure consistent messaging, tone of voice on assets being released including proof-reading.
- Support the technical operations team in training the organisation on new or updated distilled content to the depth required for relevant internal and external audiences.
- Build and maintain the marketing documents depository, develop protocols and guidelines and share within the organisation to ensure they are useful and used by staff.
- Curate and share the knowledge and lessons learned from producer marketing and communications around the world.
- Central tracking and monitoring of performance of producer marketing initiatives to identify most effective channels, incorporating lessons learned into planning and optimise budget spend.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Educated to a degree level or equivalent experience/ qualification in marketing, communications, or a related field.
- Experience in B2B marketing, preferably in seafood farming and/or seafood supply chains.
- Technical/Science based writing experience and the ability to distil complex information and make it concise and accessible for different audiences.
- Collaborative and commercially minded, preferably with experience in dealing with various commercial audiences in the seafood supply chains.
- Experienced content developer of complex information into scripts, guides, tools and assets on and offline.
- Fluent and exceptional written and verbal communication skills in English (all materials will be in English) across all channels on and offline.
- High level content management capability i.e. asset linking and content organisational skills.
- Strong Project Management skills leading and participating in large and small ASC-wide projects.
- Resilience, Autonomy and Self-Motivation skills to work well in a remote setting, yet work proactively as part of a global team.
ASC works globally across multiple time zones so the pattern of hours may vary according to operational needs. Some domestic and international travel and overnight stays may be required.
Benefits / Work Perks
You will get;
- To be part of an organisation who is really making a difference!
- ASC supports remote & flexible working opportunities
- Minimum of 25 days holiday
- Competitive benefits
- Workstation grant
- Flexible fitness / wellbeing grant
- Paid time to volunteer, up to 6 days per year
- All staff team retreats
- Employee recognition awards
Who are ASC? Check us out: www.asc-aqua.org
ASC is an independent, not-for-profit impact organisation established in 2010 driving the world’s leading certification programme for responsibly farmed seafood. Certified farmed products are promoted to consumers through the use of its ASC label.
The ASC certification and labelling programme incentivises improved farming practices by promoting the benefits of responsibly farmed seafood and encourages an industry towards achieving environmental sustainability and social responsibility. We work across the globe with aquaculture producers, seafood processors, retail and foodservice companies, scientists, conservation groups and the public to make it very easy to recognize and buy farmed seafood that meets the highest environmental standards.
Sign me up!.. How do I apply?
Please one-click apply on this advert. Your CV and cover letter will be considered, and we will make a shortlist of candidates to invite to interview. Sometimes you may be asked to prepare additional written materials, past work examples and / or a presentation. Interviews will generally be held via Teams.
We want to be an inclusive and diverse employer of choice, reflecting the global community and therefore particularly welcome applications from all underrepresented groups.