ASI Fee Schedule introduces new sub-scope model for ASC Farm Accreditation
March 31, 2016
With the new ASI Fee Schedule in effect as of 1 March 2016, all ASC Standards which were previously managed as individual scopes have become sub-scopes.
This simplifies the process for ASC accredited Conformity Assessment Bodies (CABs) to add additional ASC Standards to their current scope and aligns with the forthcoming ASC Core Standard, which will combine requirements applicable to all eight standards.
How does the ASI Fee Schedule affect the scope extension process for ASC CABs?
- The approval step with a desk review or on-site witness assessment by ASI has been dropped
- CABs are still required to inform ASI when adding a new sub-scope to their current portfolio of ASC Standards
- CABs are still responsible for making sure that they have adequate resources for auditing new species (auditor qualifications and competencies requirements as required in the ASC Certification and Accreditation Requirements (CAR))
- ASI will review every addition of a sub-scope to decide if an annual sampling assessment is necessary
- Once ASI has been informed, a CAB can move forward in the certification process as with any other audit process within the current scope of the CAB
- No application or annual fees will be invoiced for sub-scopes
The ASI Fee Schedule, effective as of 1 March 2016, can be downloaded here.