Almond Stuffed Rainbow Trout
November 10, 2022
Recipes Almond Stuffed Rainbow Trout
- 2 8-ounce Riverence Rainbow Trout fillets
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds, toasted and coarsely chopped
- 2 tbsps lemon zest
- 2 tbsps lemon juice
- 1/4 cup chives, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup Italian parsley
- 1 egg, beaten
- Kitchen twine, cut into 6-inch lengths
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
Instructions / Directions
- Preheat oven to 350°F/ 175°C
- Rinse the rainbow trout fillets and pat dry with a paper towel.
- Line baking pan with parchment and spray with cooking spray.
- Mix together almonds, lemon zest, lemon juice, chives, breadcrumbs, parsley, salt and pepper.
- Add the beaten egg to the breadcrumb mixture and stir until well incorporated.
- Lay the first trout fillet skin side down onto the baking pan. Place your twine pieces underneath the fish, spacing them 1 1/2 inches apart, and leave them untied.
- Place the breading mixture over the trout fillet and place the remaining trout fillet on top of the breadcrumb mixture (skin side up).
- Secure the two trout together using kitchen twine.
- Brush olive oil on trout and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the fish is cooked through. Slice into portions to serve.