Asian fish soup with vannamei shrimp
Recipes Asian fish soup with vannamei shrimp
- 400g vannamei shrimps
- 400g squid tube
- 2 cloves garlic (crushed)
- 1 red chilli (finely chopped, seeds removed)
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- ½ tspn crushed black pepper
- 2 tspn olive oil
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 3 stalks lemon grass (sliced, only use thick part, remove outer leaves)
- 1.5 litres fish or chicken stock
- 1 large tomato (sliced)
- 150g fresh or canned pineapple
- 1 tbsp Fish sauce
- 2 tbsp tamarind juice
- 1 tbsp sugar
- ½ tspn sea salt
- 100g bean sprouts
- ½ cucumber, cut into sticks, for garnish
- 20 coriander leaves, for garnish
Medium Prep: 65 minutes
- Pour the ingredients for the marinade in a bowl and mix well. Add the squid and prawns. Cover the bowl and set in the fridge for 1 hour.
- Pour olive oil into a wok or deep-bottomed saucepan on a medium heat. Add the onion and lemon grass and fry for about 2 minutes until coloured. Add the stock, tomato and pineapple. Mix well.
- Add the fish sauce, tamarind juice, sugar and salt. Increase the heat and add the squid and shrimps with the marinade and boil for 2-3 minutes.
- Finally, add the bean sprouts. Season to taste with more fish sauce and tamarind juice if required. Serve in a bowl with coriander leaves and cucumber sticks as a garnish.