BBQ sea bream with spiced quinoa salad
June 13, 2023
Recipes BBQ sea bream with spiced quinoa salad
- 2 x 600g sea bream, cleaned and gutted
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 250g cooked red and white quinoa
- 1 avocado, stoned and diced
- 160g cherry tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 4 spring onions, sliced
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 4 tbsp coriander, roughly chopped
- 2 limes, zested and juiced
- 1 red chilli, seeded and finely chopped
Instructions / DirectionsServes: 4 Prep: 30 minutes
- Heat a griddle pan until hot or heat a BBQ until hot – if using charcoal, wait until it has turned light grey.
- Using a sharp knife, make 2 slashes on either side of the bream and drizzle with a little of the oil. Season with salt and black pepper.
- Either lay onto the griddle pan, or onto the BBQ and cook on either side for 10-12 minutes until the fish is slightly charred and cooked all the way through. The flesh will flake slightly when pressed gently.
- Meanwhile, place the quinoa, avocado, cherry tomatoes, 3 of the spring onions, the ground coriander and cumin, chilli and half the coriander, lime zest and juice into a bowl. Season with salt and black pepper and mix until combined.
- Divide between serving plates and serve the sea bream alongside, with the last of the spring onion, coriander, lime zest and juice scattered over the top.