Black tiger prawns with polenta and smoked paprika
September 25, 2022
Recipes Black tiger prawns with polenta and smoked paprika
- 3 responsibly sourced ASC black tiger prawns per person, cut in half and deveined
- 1 cup painted mountain corn polenta
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 30g grated cheddar
- 1 baby corn per person, chopped into small rounds
- 50g butter for the polenta
- 1 lemon, juiced
- Butter for the prawns
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- ½ bch tarragon
- ½ bch parsley
- ¼ bch chopped green spring onion
- sea salt and pepper
Instructions / DirectionsPrep: 10 minutes Cooking time: 90 minutes
- Bring the water and stock to a boil in a heavy-based pot, pour in polenta while whisking to ensure there are no clumps.
- Turn heat down and stir with a spatula for 45 minutes to 1 hour or until the polenta is fully cooked.
- Remove from the heat and add the butter, cheese and lemon juice, Season with salt and pepper and stir through. Keep aside.
- Melt the butter until foaming in frying pan, add the smoked paprika over a gentle heat, then the ASC responsibly sourced tiger prawns, and cook gently on each side for 1-2 minutes till done.
- Remove the prawns and heat the baby corn and spring onions through in the butter, add lemon juice and chopped herbs.
- Place the corn into bowls, top with the prawns and spoon over the sweetcorn and butter mixture.