Pan-fried Dutch Yellowtail
Recipes Pan-fried Dutch Yellowtail
- 500-600g ASC certified Dutch Yellowtail fillet (skin-on or off)
- 2 tbsp butter
- salt & pepper
- 30ml of Sambuca or ouzo (optional)
For 4 persons
Medium Prep: 10 minutes
- Place the fillet skin side down on chopping board, remove the bones by cutting along each side of the bone line, starting from the head of the loin and up to half of the length of the fillet, then separate the 2 loins. Make 4 portions from the 2 loins.
- Remove excess moisture by padding the portions with kitchen paper. Apply salt and pepper on both sides.
- Heat the butter in a large sauté pan over medium heat. When the butter starts turning brown, place the fish, skin down or presentation side down, into the pan.
- Cook without flipping for about 4min, until the fish is mostly cooked. Flip the fish, turn off the heat and allow to finish cooking for 3min with the residual heat.
- Optional: a minute before it’s cooked, pour the ouzo over the fish for a delicious anise-flavour, mix the ouzo with the fish juice and butter left in the pan and top the fish with a few spoons of sauce when serving.
- Serve with new potatoes and a crisp salad.