Grilled cobia provence
Recipes Grilled cobia provence
- 4 x 120g cobia portions
- 12 green asparagus
- 8 baby carrots
- 4 baby onions
- 4 fine slices fennel
- salt and pepper
Advanced Prep: 120 minutes
- Dry the fennel slices for about two hours on a plate covered with parchment paper in an oven heated to 100°C .
- Peel the asparagus and the carrots and blanch them in boiling water separately, then cool them immediately in iced water.
- Brush the Cobia pieces and the vegetables with some olive oil, then place them on a very hot grill or griddle pan. To achieve an attractive crisscross pattern, lift the fish and vegetables and lay the opposite way and allow to cook for a few minutes before turning over to grill the other side.
- To prepare the spiced oil, mix olive oil with the garlic, thyme, fennel powder, chilli and lemon juice. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- To serve, arrange each piece of Cobia on a warm plate with the vegetables and top with a fennel crisp. Garnish with a light dash of spiced oil. This dish is also great with olive oil mashed potatoes and fleur de sel.