Kingfish with harissa butter, spinach and yoghurt
September 25, 2022
Recipes Kingfish with harissa butter, spinach and yoghurt
- 2 x 175g fillets ASC labelled Kingfish, skin on
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 3 big cups baby spinach
- 60g butter
- 1 tablespoon harissa paste
- 1 heaped tablespoon pinenuts
- Juice of ½ small lemon, plus extra to serve
- ¾ cup Greek yoghurt
- ¼ cup dill sprigs to serve
Recipe by Courtney Roulston.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan over a medium heat. Drizzle the kingfish with oil and season with sea salt. Cook skin side down in the pan for 4-5 minutes, or until the skin is crispy and golden brown. Turn the kingfish over and cook for 20-30 seconds on the flesh side. Remove from the pan and set aside to continue slowly cooking as it rests.
- Place the pan back onto a medium heat and add in the garlic and cook for 30 seconds before adding in the spinach and a pinch of salt. Stir for 1 minute, or until the spinach is bright green and wilted. Remove the spinach from the pan and set aside with the kingfish.
- Place the pan back onto a medium heat and add in the pinenuts and toast for 1 minute. Add in the butter and cook until the butter is foaming, then stir in harissa paste. Cook for 1-2 minutes, or until the nuts are starting to turn golden and the harissa is fragrant. Turn off the heat and add in the lemon zest and juice.
- To serve, spread the yoghurt onto the base of a serving plate. Top the yoghurt with the spinach and kingfish filets. Spoon over some of the harissa pine nut butter. Garnish with dill fronds and serve with extra lemon wedges on the side.