Lime chilli prawn tacos
July 11, 2022
Recipes Lime chilli prawn tacos
- 360g/ 12 1⁄2 oz ASC certified raw king prawns, peeled
- 2 limes, zested and juiced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 red chillies, seeded and finely diced
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 60g/ 2 1⁄2 oz white, red and black quinoa
- 1 x 400g/ 14 oz tin black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 x 200g/ 7 oz tin sweetcorn in water, drained and rinsed
- 1 avocado, stoned and diced
- 1 small red onion, finely diced
- 50g/ 2 oz coriander, stalk finely chopped and leaves separated plus 8 sprigs
- 8 small tortillas
- 8 tsp sour cream
If you’re in need of a quick and healthy family dinner, look no further than these Mexican-inspired tacos. Either assemble before serving, or place some of toppings in separate bowls for a build-you-own experience.
- Tip the prawns into a bowl. Add the zest and juice of 1 lime then half the oil, ground cumin, ground coriander and chopped chilli. Season with salt and black pepper then mix really well until coated.
- If you have time, cover and place in the fridge to marinated for 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, tip the quinoa into a small saucepan, add 120ml water and stir well. Bring to the boil, then cover with a lid and simmer for 20 minutes until the water has been absorbed and the quinoa tender. Remove the lid and stir through with a fork.
- Pour the rest of the olive oil into a large bowl. Add the remaining lime zest and juice, ground coriander and cumin and chillies and stir really well.
- Add the cooked quinoa, black beans, sweetcorn, avocado, red onion and coriander. Season with salt and black pepper and toss to combine. Set aside until ready to serve.
- Heat a frying pan until hot. Add the prawns and fry, stirring occasionally, for 3-4 minutes until golden and cooked through.
- Heat a separate frying pan and add the tortillas, one at a time, dry frying for 30-45 seconds on each side until just charred.
- Divide between serving plates. Spread a spoonful of sour cream over the taco, pile the quinoa mixture on top, then finish with the prawns and a sprig of coriander. Serve straight away.