Mexican Prawn Cocktail
December 11, 2023
Instructions / DirectionsPrep: 30 minutes
Mexican Prawn Cocktail! A superstar appetiser bursting with fresh, zingy flavours and made with ASC labelled Prawns, so you know the seafood you’re buying is raised responsibly. Serve in little glasses around the table or in a big bowl and let everyone dig in.
To make this Mexican Prawn Cocktail:
- Take around 300-400g of ASC labelled King Prawns, raw or cooked.
- If using raw, dice a few cloves of garlic and fry in a little oil before adding the prawns and cooking for around 4 minutes. Allow to cool, roughly chop half and leave the rest intact. Set aside.
- If using cooked, just roughly chop half and leave the rest intact.
- Dice and add to a large bowl around 100g each of celery, cucumber and tomatoes.
- Add a few tablespoons of chopped jalapeños and around 50g of chopped red onion.
- Add a few shakes of your favourite hot sauce, a handful of chopped coriander, a squeeze of fresh lime and all of the prawns (including any juice they were cooked in).
- Pour over some passata to achieve your chosen consistency, anywhere between around 300 and 500ml I would have thought.
- Mix well then add some chopped avocado to finish. Gently stir and serve, delicious