Oysters with leek fondue
August 1, 2023
Recipes Oysters with leek fondue
- 12 ASC certified oysters
- 300 g leek whites
- 1 tbsp. heavy cream
- 1 tbsp. dry white wine
- 1/4 tsp. honey mustard
- 2 pinches of salt
- 30 to 40 g grated Comté cheese
Instructions / DirectionsPrep: 20 minutes
- Wash the leek whites, cut them into 2 or 4 pieces, depending on their thickness, and then into 1 cm-thick chunks.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan over medium heat, then add the leeks and white wine. Cook over a low heat with a lid for 20 minutes. Check how done it is by tasting. They should be melting. If not, continue cooking.
- Add the salt and fresh or vegetable cream, stir and continue cooking over a low heat for 5 minutes, uncovered.
- Heat the oven grill. Place pleated aluminum foil in a casserole dish or fry pan.
- When the oysters have been opened and drained of their initial water, coat them with a teaspoon’s worth. The layer of leeks should be thin, but should cover the entire oyster.
- Sprinkle with a large pinch of grated cheese and place the oysters in the dish, making sure they are wedged into the folds of the aluminum foil.
- Broil the oysters for about 10 minutes, placing the dish in the top 3/4 of the oven. Check for doneness after 8 minutes.
- While the oysters are cooking, prepare the serving plates with seaweed or colored salt.
- Arrange the oysters on the plates and serve immediately.