Prawn and vegetable skewers
July 31, 2019
Recipes Prawn and vegetable skewers
- 300g tiger prawns (raw, peeled, defrost if frozen)
- zest of 1 lime
- 10g fennel seeds
- 2 Red onions (peeled and quartered)
- 2 courgettes (sliced into strips)
- 150g cherry tomatoes
- 200ml olive oil
- 300ml fish stock
- 150ml white wine
- ½ vanilla pod
- 20ml coconut milk
- 2 tbsp double cream
- 30g butter
- 2 shallots (finely sliced)
- 1 chili (chopped)
For 4 persons
Easy Prep: 30 minutes
- Brown the shallots in a pan with some olive oil and deglaze with white wine. Add the fish stock and cook for 15 minutes. Add the cream, coconut milk, vanilla seeds and the fennel seeds and cook for 4 to 6 minutes to reduce.
- Incorporate the butter in several stages with a whisk, strain the sauce and keep it warm. Mix the lime zest and olive oil in a bowl.
- Put the prawns, courgettes, onions and the cherry tomatoes on the skewers. Brush with the lime oil and season with salt and chilli.
- Grill the skewers 2 to 3 minutes on each side and serve with rice and the sauce.