King prawn risotto with asparagus
July 31, 2019
Recipes King prawn risotto with asparagus
- 150g king prawns (defrost if frozen)
- 180g arborio rice
- 50ml white wine
- 1 shallot (chopped)
- 30g Parmesan cheese (grated)
- 250ml fish stock
- 3 saffron strands
- 1 bunch green asparagus
- 1 red onion (finely sliced)
- ½ bunch chives (chopped)
- 2 tbsp double cream
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
Easy Prep: 30 minutes
- Steam the asparagus for 4-5 minutes until just tender, then rinse under cold water. Drain and chop into small pieces.
- Heat the oil in a pan and gently fry the shallots until softened but not coloured. Add the rice and saffron and cook for 2 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add the white wine and cook until liquid evaporates.
- Add the fish stock to the rice, one ladle at a time, stirring and waiting until it has been fully absorbed, before adding the next. This should take about 15 minutes. Set aside once all liquid has been absorbed.
- Add the grated Parmesan cheese (retain some for garnish) and asparagus to the risotto and stir until incorporated. Season with salt and pepper.
- Toss the prawns in a pan with olive oil for 1 to 2 minutes.
- To serve, divide the risotto into two bowls, and top with Parmesan, prawns, finely sliced red onion and chopped chives.