Roasted whole sea bream and Greek salad with watermelon
July 11, 2022
Recipes Roasted whole sea bream and Greek salad with watermelon
- 4 x single portion ASC certified sea bream (about 250-300g/9-11 oz) individual fish
- 4 sprigs rosemary, cut into small sprigs
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp runny honey
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 400g/ 14 oz watermelon, skinned and cut into small chunks
- 1⁄2 red onion, finely sliced
- 20g/ 3⁄4 oz picked flat leaf parsley leaves
- 20g/ 3⁄4 oz picked mint leaves, roughly chopped if very large 100g/ 4 oz feta, broken into small pieces
A whole sea bream certainly looks impressive on the table. Best served warm next to our cooling watermelon salad. Grab a fork and dive in.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C, fan 160°C, gas mark 4.
- Make 4 diagonal cuts along the fillet of the fish, then lay onto a baking tray. Gently press the rosemary sprigs into the cuts, season with salt and black pepper then drizzle with a little of the olive oil.
- Place in the oven to roast for 20 minutes until golden and cooked through.
- Meanwhile, tip the rest of the oil into a large bowl. Add the honey, lemon zest and juice and season with salt and black pepper then whisk to combine.
- Add the watermelon, red onion, parsley and mint leaves and toss to coat in the dressing. Add the feta and toss once more, very gently.
- Serve alongside the roasted sea bream