Sea bass with vegetables and Brussels sprouts
October 11, 2022
- 1 pcs Cromaris gutter sea bass - 620g
- 1 bunch chard
- 400g mixed vegetables for Oliver salad
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 pcs lemon
- olive oil to taste
- salt, pepper and other herbs and spices to taste
Instructions / DirectionsPrep: 60 minutes
Most of us associate winter and the holiday season with Olivier salad, various stews and warm Brussels sprout salads.
These ingredients also go well with sea bass. This recipe combines the classically served sea bass with potatoes and chard with other cooked vegetables, as well as an interesting addition of Brussel sprouts.
- Use a big pot to cook the Olivier salad vegetables, along with the washed Brussels sprouts. Depending on the size of the diced vegetables, it will take between 15 and 25 minutes to cook them. Strain the cooked vegetables and drizzle with olive oil.
- Use the same pot to bring the water to a boil. Wash the chard and use a knife to cut the firm and hard stems from the chard leaves. Quickly blanch the chard leaves in boiling water. Strain and drizzle with olive oil. You can add sautéed chopped garlic to the chard, or you can quickly heat the chard in a pan together with garlic before serving.
- Brush olive oil onto the grill pan and heat over a medium flame. When the pan is hot, place the sea bass on it. Grill it without turning for about 5-6 minutes on one side, then turn it over and continue to bake for an additional 4-5 minutes on the other side.
- Drizzle olive oil over the baked sea bass after cooking. Serve it over the cooked vegetables, and don’t forget to add blanched chard to it as well. Bon appétit!