Seared sesame crusted kingfish with cold soba noodle salad
September 25, 2022
Recipes Seared sesame crusted kingfish with cold soba noodle salad
- 1 responsibly sourced ASC Kingfish fillet – skinned
- ½ cup white sesame seeds
- ½ cup black sesame seeds
Quick Prep: 10 minutes Cooking time: 5 minutes
Recipe by Harry Foster. Instagram: @hazfoster
- Prepare your ASC responsibly sourced kingfish fillet into appropriately sized portions, then press and roll the fillet into the mixture of black and white sesame seeds – store in the fridge.
- Bring a non-stick pan to a medium high heat and add a drizzle of olive oil.
- Sear the kingfish on each side for approx. 30 seconds – we only want to sear the outside of the flesh.
- Once seared, take your fillet off the heat and reserve in the fridge until it’s time to plate.
Soba noodle salad:
- Cook the soba noodles as per the instructions, then immediately rinse in icy cold water. Drizzle with olive oil to prevent them sticking together, then reserve in the fridge.
- In a bowl, combine the rest of the ingredients and adjust seasoning with salt, lime juice or chilli.
- Once ready to plate, toss the noodles through the sauce.
- Simply mix the yuzu and kewpie mayonnaise together.
- Cut your cold kingfish into thin slices.
- Place a generous handful of the noodle salad onto the plate and then a spoonful or two of the yuzu mayo to the side.
- Arrange your kingfish over the mayo.
- Garnish with fresh herbs and freshly cut green chilli.