Recipes Shrimp ceviche
- 2-3 pounds of shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 700 ml of water
- 1 red onion
- 1 bunch cilantro chopped very finely
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 10 limes, squeezed
- 1 orange, squeezed
- 1 laurel leaf
- Salt and pepper
Instructions / Directions
- Heat water with a pinch salt and laurel, when it is boiling place the shrimp for 3 minutes, remove and then cool quickly.
- Cool the water left over from cooking the shrimp and add chopped lemon juice, orange juice, salt, pepper, red onion and tomatoes. Finish with cilantro.
- Additional options for flavoring: For typical red ceviche, add tomato juice or tomato sauce mixed with cucumber juice (blend cucumber and pass through a fine strainer). A dash of whiskey can also be added.
This recipe was brought to you by Sustainable Shrimp Partnership
The Sustainable Shrimp Partnership (SSP) is a group of leading companies who are dedicated to transforming the future of shrimp aquaculture. Pioneered in Ecuador, members of the SSP are committed to achieving, and promoting, the highest quality products, produced to the highest social and environmental standards, through greater collaboration and transparency.Visit the Sustainable Shrimp Partnership website