February 6, 2019
Recipes Thai shrimp
- 20 Vannamei shrimp (raw, peeled, defrost if frozen)
- 1 red onion (sliced)
- 1 clove garlic (pressed)
- 2 shallots (sliced)
- 1 lemongrass (finely sliced)
- coconut milk
- 1 red pepper (sliced)
- 1ltr fish stock
- white wine
- fresh coriander (roughly chopped)
- 1 bulb fennel (sliced)
- handful sugar snap peas
Advanced Prep: 35 minutes
- Fry the shallots, red onion, red peppers, fennel and peas, then add the curry paste, and two thirds of the lemongrass and coriander. Simmer on a low heat, then add white wine and coconut milk to desired consistency.
- Cut slices of bread in half and rub with garlic and olive oil. Season with salt and pepper, fry until golden brown.
- Marinate the shrimp for half an hour in a mixture of curry paste, lemongrass, coriander, salt, pepper and thyme.
- Pan fry or grill the shrimp, then keep warm in the oven.
- Place the vegetables and the sauce in a deep dish. Arrange the shrimp on the fried bread and place them on the sauce. Garnish with fresh coriander. Serve hot.