Trout stuffed with spinach
February 6, 2019
Recipes Trout stuffed with spinach
- 4 x 180g whole trout
- 1kg fresh spinach (or 500g frozen spinach)
- 3 slices white bread
- 2 shallots (finely chopped)
- 3 tbsp parsley (chopped)
- 4 cloves garlic (pressed)
- 1 knob butter
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
Medium Prep: 30 minutes
- Season the trout inside and out with salt and pepper.
- For the filling, boil the spinach in a pan. Remove the crusts from the slices of bread and cut into small pieces. Melt a knob of butter and a dash of olive oil in a frying pan. Fry the shallots, garlic and parsley. Add the bread and spinach. Season with salt and pepper.
- Stuff the filling in the trout, place them in a frying pan with melted butter and fry over a low heat for 15 minutes so that the trout gets a crispy crust. Place a little chopped parsley in the pan at the last minute.
- Serve with pilau rice and oven baked cherry tomatoes.