Interim Market Development Manager UK & Ireland (maternity replacement)
Responsible to: Regional Manager Europe
Department: Market Development Team
Salary / Benefits: Commensurate with experience
Contract: Consultancy or fixed term employment for 13 months. 3-4 days / week. Flexible working hours Monday to Friday.
Location: Preferably United Kingdom, but candidates from Ireland may also be considered, if skills and experience align.
About ASC: www.asc-aqua.org
ASC is an independent, not-for-profit organisation established in 2010 to set and operate global standards for responsible aquaculture. Certified farmed products are promoted to consumers through the use of its ASC-logo.
The aquaculture industry is growing strongly and is already supplying more than half of all seafood consumed worldwide, but this growing demand increases the environmental and social footprint associated with this expansion. The ASC certification and labelling programme incentivises improved farming practices by promoting the benefits of responsibly farmed seafood and encourages an industry towards achieving environmental sustainability and social responsibility.
We work across the globe with aquaculture producers, seafood processors, retail and foodservice companies, scientists, conservation groups and the public to make it very easy to recognize and buy farmed seafood that meets the highest environmental standards.
The Interim Manager will be responsible for maintaining and expanding the uptake of ASC’s certification and labelling programme by implementing and delivering the market development strategy in the United Kingdom and Ireland.
The Manager will collaborate closely with the Market Development Manager for the US, Canada & UK and the PR & Marketing Manager for the UK.
The UK team is part of the European Market Development Team.
- Implement the country plan to deepen market presence and strengthen, defend and promote ASC’s value and brand to achieve the outputs defined for the UK & Ireland.
- Forge and strengthen the relationship to strategic UK & Ireland accounts (retailers, brands, processors and farms) and deepen their commitment/ preference to the ASC programme.
- Maintain and strengthen collaboration with UK & Ireland NGOs, other certification programmes (ISEAL members) and consumer organisations in building trust and awareness around the ASC certification programme to clearly distinguish ASC from its competitors.
- Identify and consolidate expectations and wishes of key (commercial) partners regarding the ASC programme.
- Lever commercial partners’ efforts in communication about their marketing efforts to promote the ASC programme to end-consumers and build awareness.
- Work closely with the Global Brand and Marcomms teams and the local PR & Marketing Manager for the UK to deliver effective and value for money marketing campaigns and obtain press coverage.
- Work in collaboration with the Marine Stewardship Council in support of ASC’s efforts to service commercial partners and other stakeholders in the UK & Ireland
Desired Skills and Experience
- Experience in similar role and/or the (sea)food or retail sector
- Solid knowledge about the role of certification and labelling
- Diplomatic and proactive approach linking a business reality with the vision and mission of the ASC programme
- Strong focus on the delivery of result-oriented customer service
- Strong interpersonal and influencing skills
ASC works globally across multiple time zones so the pattern of hours may vary according to operational needs. Some domestic and international travel and overnight stays will be required.
Benefits / Work Perks
To be part of an organisation who is really making a difference! You may also be eligible for;
- ASC supports remote & flexible working opportunities
- Minimum of 25 days holiday (pro rata)
- Competitive benefits
- Workstation grant / Flexible fitness / wellbeing grant
- Paid time to volunteer, up to 6 days per year
- All staff team retreats
- Employee recognition awards
- 1 free coffee a week, on us!
Application and Selection
Please send your cover letter and CV in English by e-mail to: email@example.com
Your CV and cover letter will be reviewed, and a short list of candidates will be invited for initial interviews. Successful candidates may be asked to prepare additional written materials and/or a presentation.
We want to be an inclusive and diverse employer of choice that reflects the global community and therefore welcomes applications from all underrepresented groups.