Senior Technical Project Coordinator
Reporting to the Director or Standard & Science, you will be a key member of our ASC Technical Operations departments. This encompasses Standards and Science, Programme Assurance, Policy and Programme Management and Innovation teams.
Competitive Salary and Reward Benefits. Full Time permanent contract, yet ASC supports remote and flexible working where possible.
This is a fully remote role yet ASC’s head office is based in Utrecht, Netherlands. Candidates will be considered if skills and experience align.
Are you a highly organised, engaging and experienced Project Coordinator?
Do you enjoy getting into the detail of more technical aspects of project management i.e. Standards, Certification and Assurance? Do you have experience managing technical projects within the aquaculture or NFP sector?
Do you want to join a growing organsiation where you can focus more on making a real difference in the world? Then this may be the role for you..
ASC are seeking a dynamic and hands-on Technical Project Coordinator who will support the Project Manager (and wider stakeholders) on several tools to deliver a new certification Farm Standard with clear Assurance Documentation, Implication Guidance and Technical Support Development.
You will support on key improvements activities focused on the new aligned ASC Farm Standards (and beyond), including but not limited to;
- Manage core technical project management tools, systems and more for daily project management of the Farm Standard Project
- Project facilitation, management, engagement and progress reporting
- Board review preparations, revisions, redrafts etc.
- Global piloting and various consultations linked to the current vs future Standards
- Coordinating technical input/support/review of Product Implementation Tools and documents e.g. the stakeholder journey tool
- Timeline mapping with deadlines and inclusive multi-stakeholder input, feedback and ultimate buy-in
- Technical workstreams linked to the 3 core project principles i.e. legal compliance, environmental, and social responsibility
- maintaining and improving confidence of stakeholders in our Assurance Standards
- Coordinating the development activities of the Standards & Assurance technical documents (e.g. Standard, Guidance, CAR, RUoC, etc.)
We see this role expanding on completion of the Farms Standards project to support wider business critical projects across both Technical Operations, Market Development & Communications and the wider ASC departments/teams as needed.
Desired Skills, Experience & Profile
To be successful in this role you’ll need to have;
- experience in a similar Project Coordinator or Project Management role, preferably for multi-disciplinary projects
- knowledge of the aquaculture sector with core understanding of how standards and certification processes work
- an MSc in a relevant environmental subject, or equivalent knowledge gained by experience
- have solid Technical & Project Management skills (incorporating risk management) to deliver within set timeframes?
- understand the issues in seafood sustainability and the role of farm certification in it?
- enjoy engaging and influencing core stakeholders at all levels (internally and externally) to foster support, gather input, boost cooperation and gain buy-in?
- have a natural affinity with our ASC mission and values?
- proactively communicate with and influence diverse audiences and cultures?
- have a pragmatic approach to drive results with diplomacy?
Then we would love to hear from you!
ASC Work Perks
You could get;
- To be part of an organisation who is really making a difference!
- ASC supports remote & flexible working opportunities
- Minimum of 25 days holiday
- Competitive benefits
- Workstation grant
- Flexible fitness / wellbeing grant
- Paid time to volunteer, up to 6 days per year
- All staff team retreats
- Employee recognition awards & reward programmes
ASC works globally across multiple time zones so the pattern of hours may vary according to operational needs. Some domestic and international travel and overnight stays may be required.
Sign me up!.. How do I apply?
Please send your CV and cover letter to Recruitment@asc-aqua.org This will be considered, and we will make a shortlist of candidates to invite to interview. Interviews will generally be held via Teams. You may be asked to prepare additional written materials, past work examples and / or a presentation.
We want to be an inclusive and diverse employer of choice, reflecting the global community and therefore particularly welcome applications from all underrepresented groups.