Pecan Crusted Trout with Sweet Potatoes and String Beans
November 10, 2022
Recipes Pecan Crusted Trout with Sweet Potatoes and String Beans
- 2 Riverence Rainbow Trout fillets
- 1 cup pecans
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1 egg
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and sliced into 1/4 inch thick rounds
- 1/4 cup real maple syrup
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tbsp salted butter
- 10 oz. green and yellow-green beans
- 2 tsps fresh thyme
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Grind pecans in a food processor until they are the consistency of breadcrumbs.
- Beat egg in a small bowl. Cover trout fillet in egg mixture and fully coat in flour on both sides.
Dip trout into egg mixture again, then coat with crushed pecans.
- Lay the trout on a baking sheet and bake for 10 to 12 minutes, or until cooked thoroughly.
- Meanwhile, heat a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Melt the butter, then add the syrup and brown sugar. Whisk together until sugar is dissolved.
- When mixture begins to bubble, add the sweet potatoes in a single layer. Cook 3-4 minutes per side, spooning maple syrup mixture over potatoes while they cook.
- Once glaze begins to thicken and potatoes are tender, turn off heat and cover.
- While the sweet potatoes are cooking, heat a medium saucepan with water over medium-high heat and bring to a rolling boil. Add a tsp of salt and add the beans. Boil 2-3 minutes.
- Drain beans and toss with 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil and the thyme. Serve with the Pecan Crusted Rainbow Trout.