Baked rainbow trout with mustard sauce
Recipes Baked rainbow trout with mustard sauce
- 4 whole, gutted, ASC certified rainbow trout, defrost if frozen
- 100g butter
- 100g mushrooms (sliced)
- 2 shallots (sliced into strips)
- 250ml cream
- 50ml cognac
- 3tbsp mustard
- 200ml white wine
- salt and pepper
Easy Prep: 55 minutes
- Preheat the oven to 210°C.
- Butter a baking dish and place the trout in. Bake in the oven for 12 to 14 minutes.
- Put the shallots, mushrooms, white wine, cognac and a pinch of salt and pepper in a pan on a medium/high heat.
- After a few minutes, add the cream and cook for a few minutes longer.
- Stir in 80g butter and season to taste.
- Take the trout out of the oven; remove the skin from the trout. Serve on a plate with the mustard sauce.