Dutch Yellowtail with fregola risotto and rocket
June 25, 2020
Recipes Dutch Yellowtail with fregola risotto and rocket
- 4 x 120g ASC certified Dutch Yellowtail fillets
- 50g butter
- 200g fregola
- olive oil
- 2 small shallots (finely chopped)
- 2 cloves garlic (finely chopped)
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley (chopped)
- 1 tbsp finely chopped smoked bacon
- 1/8 fresh lemon zest
- 500 to 700ml vegetable or chicken stock
- 50g Pecorino (grated)
- 75g chestnut mushrooms (quartered)
- salt and black pepper
For 4 persons
Medium Prep: 25 minutes
- Heat some olive oil in a frying pan and sweat the shallots and garlic over a low heat until translucent. Add the bacon and mushrooms and sauté together.
- Pour in the fregola, add three-quarters of the stock and slowly bring the contents of the pan to a boil, occasionally stirring it through. Reduce heat and simmer for 12 to 15 minutes until the fregola has absorbed all the moisture. Add extra stock as required.
- Add the Pecorino and season with black pepper, salt and lemon zest.
- Season the fish on both sides with salt and pepper. Briefly fry both sides in butter in a hot pan until they change colour then remove – it should still be pink in the middle.
- Put a serving of the risotto on a plate, top with the fish and garnish with rocket.