September 25, 2022
Recipes Kingfish ceviche
- 1 sweet potato, cut into 1cm dice
- 30 g caster sugar
- 1 tbsp fennel seeds (toasted)
- 100 ml lime juice, plus extra to taste
- 5 cm piece celery stalk (cut into a brunoise)
- 10 gm (2cm piece) ginger (cut into a brunoise)
- 1 garlic clove (finely chopped)
- 1 small Spanish onion, (½ finely chopped & ½ thinly sliced)
- ½ bunch of coriander, (washed, stalks finely chopped & leave for presentation)
- 1 small green chilli (sliced)
- 1 small birdseye chilli, seeds removed, finely chopped
- 200 gm kingfish thickly sliced or diced
- A handful of ice cubes
Recipe by Manu Feildel
- Place sweet potato in a saucepan with sugar, star anise and 1 litre water, bring to a simmer over medium heat and cook until tender (5-10 minutes). Drain and set aside.
- Soak sliced onion in iced water, set aside.
- Meanwhile, combine in a bowl the celery, ginger, garlic, chopped onion, red chilli, coriander stalks and 1 tsp fine sea salt.
- Add in the kingfish and the lime juice in the bowl, toss to combine.
- Drain onion, add to ceviche with coriander springs, green chilli and few ice cubes, toss to combine, adjust seasoning to taste, then serve in a bowl or plate with all the juices, and sweet potatoes.