Pan seared / grilled cobia with jalapeño
February 1, 2019
Recipes Pan seared / grilled cobia with jalapeño
- 2 x 100g Cobia portions
- 1 tbsp Olive oil for searing
Medium Prep: 40 minutes
- This may look like a complicated recipe, but the tomato jam can be made ahead of time and keeps for a week refrigerated. Leaving you to simply pan fry on the day and rustle up the jalapeño purée.
- To make the tomato jam, place all the jam ingredients in a non-stick pan and simmer for 25-30 minutes stirring constantly until thick. Set aside.
- To make the jalapeño parsley purée, blend jalapeños and parsley until smooth.
- Season the cobia with salt and pepper. Heat the olive oil in a pan over medium high heat and sear seasoned cobia portions on both sides for 5-7 minutes until fish is fully cooked & flaky.
- To serve, place a cobia portion on top of 2 tablespoons of jalapeño parsley puree and top with a generous dollop of tomato jam.
- Serve with baked new potatoes and salad or a sweetcorn fritter.