Salmon en Croute
December 14, 2023
Instructions / DirectionsCooking time: 45 minutes
Salmon en Croute! A delicious festive centrepiece that is so easy to make. A brilliant alternative over the festive period packed full of healthy and delicious ASC labelled salmon and green leaves. Remember when you’re in the supermarket, look for the sea green ASC label on the packets of fish. It’s a sign that the fish has been raised according to strict and responsible ASC standards.
To make this Salmon en Croute:
- Dice 3-4 garlic cloves and fry for a minute in 30g of butter.
- Add approx. 150g of washed spinach and watercress and cook for a few mins until it’s wilted down. Squeeze any excess water out and chop well.
- Add the chopped greens to some grated lemon zest and 80g of cream cheese. Mix well.
- Lay 4 ASC Salmon fillets out on one half of a sheet of pull pastry, leaving a 2cm rim.
- Top the salmon with the green leaves mix and brush egg wash along the sides of the pastry.
- Fold up the pastry so the salmon is covered. Use a fork to press down the edges of the pastry, wash with egg then cook for 30 mins, that’s it!