Thai green mussels
June 13, 2023
Recipes Thai green mussels
- 1 kg mussels, scrubbed and beards removed
- 2 tsp vegetable oil
- 1 bunch spring onions, roughly chopped
- 4 tbsp Thai green curry paste
- 1 small bunch coriander, stems finely chopped, leaves roughly chopped
- 1 x 400ml coconut milk
- 2 lime, zested and juiced, plus 1 lime, cut into wedges
- 1 red chillie, seeded and sliced
Instructions / DirectionsServes: 2-4 Prep: 30 minutes
- Wash the mussels in a colander to remove any dirt or grit and pull out and discard any of the beards. Throw away any mussels that have cracked shells, or are not firmly closed, and don’t shut when tapped firmly.
- Heat a large saucepan until hot. Add the vegetable oil and spring onions and stir fry for a few minutes until just softened.
- Stir in the Thai green curry paste and coriander stems and cook for 1 minute, then add the coconut milk and stir well.
- Tip the mussels into the pan, stir once then cover with a lid and cook for 4-5 minutes, giving the pan an occasional shake. The mussels will open as they are cooked – discard any that don’t open.
- Add the lime zest and juice and coriander leaves and stir once more.
- Divide between serving bowls, top with the sliced chilli and serve the lime wedges alongside.
Make sure to look for the ASC label!