Salmon tikka skewers with raita
June 13, 2023
Recipes Salmon tikka skewers with raita
- 600g salmon fillet, skinned and cut into chunks
- 2 peppers, seeded and cut into large chunks
- 120g tikka paste/marinade
- 300g Greek yoghurt
- ½ cucumber, cut in half lengthways, seeded and diced
- 2 tbsp dill, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp chives, finely chopped
- 4 naan breads
- 1 tbsp coriander, roughly chopped
- 2 lemons, cut into wedges
Instructions / DirectionsServes: 4 Prep: 30 minutes
- Heat a griddle pan until hot or heat a BBQ until hot – if using charcoal, wait until it has turned light grey.
- Soak 8 wooden skewers in cold water for at least 30 minutes, or set some metal ones to one side.
- Tip the salmon chunks into a bowl, add the tikka paste and mix together gently. If you have time, set aside to marinate for 1 hour.
- Thread the peppers and salmon onto the soaked skewer, making sure there is a piece of pepper at the end to secure the salmon.
- Set the skewers onto the griddle or BBQ and cook on either side for 3-4 minutes until the salmon is cooked through.
- Meanwhile, tip the Greek yoghurt into a bowl. Add the cucumber, dill, chives and season with salt and black pepper then mix to combine.
- Place the naan bread on the griddle for 30-40 seconds each side until hot through then divide between serving plates.
- Top with the raita and salmon skewers and scatter the coriander over the top. Serve with the lemon wedges.