Recipes Salmon Wellington
- ½ tbsp chopped sage
- ½ tbsp chopped thyme
- ½ tbsp chopped parsley
- ½ tbsp chopped mint
- 500g ASC responsibly sourced salmon fillet
- 10g unsalted butter
- ½ tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 schalot, finely chopped
- ½ clove garlic, minced
- 150g mixed mushrooms, finely chopped
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry
Medium Prep: 15 minutes Cooking time: 90 minutes
Recipe by Guy Turland, Bondi Harvest @chefguyturland
- Mix all herbs together on a chopping board, then roll your salmon fillet in the herbs mixture covering all sides, place to the side on a plate.
- Heat butter and oil in a frypan over medium heat.
- Add garlic, eschalot and cook for 2 minutes, add the mushroom and cook for 10-12 minutes until mushrooms are cooked and semi dry, Cool completely.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Place 1 pastry sheet on a prepared tray (leave the 2nd sheet in the fridge to keep cool) and prick all over with a fork. Bake for 20 minutes or until crisp and golden. Remove from the oven and cool completely. Remove remaining pastry from the fridge.
- Spread half the mushroom mixture over the cooled pastry base, leaving a 5cm border, and place salmon on top. Spread remaining mushroom mixture over top and sides of salmon and drape over the 2nd sheet of pastry, tucking under the pastry base. Brush all over with egg wash and chill for 30 minutes.
- Remove Wellington from the fridge and bake for 30-35 minutes, then reduce the oven to 180°C and cook for a further 10 minutes until the pastry is crisp and golden. Remove from the oven and rest for 10 minutes before serving.
- To make citrus tahini dressing place all ingredients into a blender or food processor and blitz until combined.